If you want to make a Skype account and you are looking for someone to guide you through the process, then you are in the right place :). I will tell you step by step what you need to do in order to create a new Skype user. Before we begin, I just want to mention that in the steps bellow we have skipped the optional stuff like date of birth, gender and so on, but if you want you can fill them too.
In order to register a Skype account follow these steps:
- Visit the page for creating a new Skype account.
- Fill in your First name and Last name. Fill in your email address twice.
- After that choose your Country and then your Language.
- Now fill in your Skype Name. It must be unique (not to be used by any other person in the World) and it can contain only letters and numbers. The first character has to be a letter and the length must be between 6 and 32 characters.
- After that, you have to come up with a password, that is at least 6 characters long and contains both letters and numbers. You need to fill it twice in both fields just in case. Remember it, or write it down.
- In the last group of fields you can remove the checkbox By Email so you do not receive news related to Skype in your email. Now looking at the image, fill in the characters in the box named Type the text above here. If you do not see them clearly you can get new ones by clicking the Refresh button to the right.
- Click the button I Agree – Continue. If everything went fine you should be redirected to the address https://secure.skype.com/account/, and if there is a problem with some of the fields they will be marked with red, and you have to fill them one more time.
- Now you can login with your new Skype name and password. If you still haven’t downloaded the program, you can visit our category Download Skype and choose a version.
If you notice that the described process in this article is partially wrong or from Skype has made some changes to it, please let us know in the comments. Thanks :).